[chef] Re: mcollective with chef

  • From: Zac Stevens < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: mcollective with chef
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:19:02 +0000

Hiya,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 8:24 AM, kritivagop01 . < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
hi,

I am trying to integrate mcollective with chef.

While trying to install , want to know equivalent plugin for chef  server and client

puppet uses :
yum install mcollective-puppet-client  for server

That would actually be for the client...

yum install mcollective-puppet-agent for  agent

...and that for the server.

Anyway, you might want to check out the MCollective cookbook ( https://supermarket.getchef.com/cookbooks/mcollective ), which includes a very basic agent and application for controlling the chef-client service.  I've never packaged them as yum/deb because I deployed mcollective with Chef anyway.

If you've read what the MCollective agent/application for Puppet can do, you'll probably be a little disappointed with the current state of the Chef one, as it hasn't had got a lot of attention this year.

Zac