[chef] Re: Chef reporting, 11-to-12 upgrade

  • From: Stephen Delano < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef reporting, 11-to-12 upgrade
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:55:17 -0800

Hi Brian,

There is indeed a difference between a generic 'run handler' in the client, and the Chef Reporting addon that's been available in Hosted and Enterprise Chef for some time now, and is a premium addon for Chef Server 12. Any tools you've built that hook into the run handler feature of the client will continue to work.

Chef Reporting is simply type of run handler that's built into chef-client and only sends data to the server when talking to a server that supports it (e.g. Hosted and Enterprise Chef or Chef 12 with the Reporting addon).

Hope that helps,
Stephen