[chef] Unable to knife search for negative values

  • From: Philippe Bérard < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Olivier Jaquemet < >
  • Subject: [chef] Unable to knife search for negative values
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 09:55:54 +0100

Hello all

I’m trying to do a search through a data bag for specific elements containing negative values.

For example, if I have a web app data bag item with the following values, in the data bag « webapps » :

{
id:mywebapp,
name: ‘My whizzbang app’,
status: -100,
}

If I try to look for all webapps having a ‘-100’ status, I would use the lucene syntax as such :

knife search webapps ’status:\-100’

returns :

ERROR: knife search failed: invalid search query: 'status:\-100

Any clue on the right syntax for this kind of search ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Philippe Bérard
Responsable informatique
Tel : +33 (0)1 39 23 31 17
Mob : +33 (0)6 01 27 87 86
Fax : +33 (0)1 39 55 47 56
58, Rue Pottier
78150 Le Chesnay
www.jalios.com

  • [chef] Unable to knife search for negative values, Philippe Bérard, 11/28/2014