[chef] Re: Re: Re: RE: Ohai Plugin Running External Commands

  • From: Douglas Garstang < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: RE: Ohai Plugin Running External Commands
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 10:36:23 -0800

Dennis,

Of course. It's just translating that into something that ohai runs and returns as a dictionary that's tricky. The plugin also has to run the aws cli to get it's environment and role and feed that back into the describe-instances to get a list of matching instances. It seems like a rather clunky approach. I certainly don't want to run chef search due to the whole having-to-have-already run thing, which means the chef client has to then get run multiple times. Not scalable.

Douglas.