[chef] RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: Failed uploading transformed data to the Chef 12 server

  • From: Nico Kadel-Garcia < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: Failed uploading transformed data to the Chef 12 server
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 12:52:58 -0600
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

In the RHEL based world, It would be really helpful if the “chef-server” RPM’s included ‘%ghost’ entries in the .spec file for the /var/opt/opscode, and for ‘/var/opt/chef-server’ on older chef releases. This would allow “rpm –ql chef-server’ to at least indicate that those directories are relevant.

I once had one heck of a time re-intallinag a chef server due to not knowing about these, and wound up having to replace it with an entirely new host.

Nico Kadel-Garcia

Lead DevOps Engineer

">