[chef] Re: Install specific version of client

  • From: Fabien Delpierre < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Install specific version of client
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 13:21:01 -0500

This is one method:
$ knife bootstrap <node> --bootstrap-version <version> --...
I can't help you with the list of version numbers, though.

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Douglas Garstang < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
How do I install a specific version of the chef-client? I can't find this documented anywhere. The install.sh script takes a -v input to specify the version number, but how do I get a list of version numbers? The S3 bucket isn't listable, so I can't look through that.

I have to go back to an older version of the client than 12.0.0. The decision to make the client wait interval + splay for it's first run makes it unusable.

Doug.