[chef] Re: Re: chef 12 ignores default_release for apt_package

  • From: Thomas Preißler < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: chef 12 ignores default_release for apt_package
  • Date: 10 Dec 2014 20:01:55 +0100

Hey Daniel,

thanks for getting back!

Are you running your tests against identical clean VMs?
Yes, I do. I set up two clean VMs, installed Chef 11.16.4 on the first one and 12.0.1 on the second. After executing the example recipe of my last message I get haveged 1.9.1-1~bpo70+1 on the first VM and 1.4-4 on the second. The only difference between these two machines is the chef version.

Of course, it’s possible there’s some code path I didn’t consider that is causing this problem, if you don’t find any other cause of this behavior, please file a bug on GitHub and we’ll take another look.
Thanks for looking into this. I posted an issue on Github right now: https://github.com/opscode/chef/issues/2606

Thomas