[chef] Managing Updates to Chef Server and Client

  • From: "Somers-Harris, David | David | OPS" < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Managing Updates to Chef Server and Client
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 06:32:43 +0000
  • Accept-language: ja-JP, en-US

Hello,

I would like to manage updates to Chef Server and clients using RPM package management for CentOS servers.

I see that the current way to do updates is to run the ctrl command for Chef Server and run a shell script (or manually install the rpm yourself) for chef-client.

Is there an RPM repository we can just point to get updates to Chef for?

It would make detecting Security patches and updates so much easier.

Thanks,

David