[chef] Re: RE: Re: Passing variables between recipes?

  • From: Jeff Byrnes < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: RE: Re: Passing variables between recipes?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:41:29 -0500

In that case, you can use an attribute to determine the data bag’s name. As for structure, that’s true, but it’s not unreasonable to encourage a structure resembling:

environment: {
  iam_user_name: {
    access_id: 'blah',
    secret_key: ‘xxx'
  }
}

--
Jeff Byrnes
Operations Engineer

Yes, I know about encrypted data bags, but it's code smell. I want the application cookbook to be generic, and not depend on a particular data bag or data bag structure.

Kevin Keane

The NetTech

http://www.4nettech.com

Our values: Privacy, Liberty, Justice