[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serverspec vs Mintest Feedback

  • From: David Petzel < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serverspec vs Mintest Feedback
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 20:36:54 -0500

Thanks for all the feedback on this. I do have a better understanding now, but it still feels like we "loosing something" in this transition. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like the fact that a cookbook author writes minitests, and I can have those executed every single converge, not just when someone decides to kick off a test-kitchen run.

On our team we are certainly making use of test-kitchen and bussers for development and CI testing, but I can't shake the feeling those are not replacements for a validation test running on every converge.

In any case, thanks again for taking the time give me your perspectives.