[chef] Community cookbook & SELinux Configuration

  • From: Greg Barker < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Community cookbook & SELinux Configuration
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:38:02 -0800

What's the appropriate way to handle SELinux configuration for a Vagrantfile or .kitchen.yml that ships with a community cookbook?

I updated the nexus cookbook to use a new base box in the Vagrantfile and now it will fail if you have recipe[nginx] on the run list, because the new base box has SELinux enabled.

Is there a way to require the selinux cookbook as a dependency but only for Vagrant & Test Kitchen? I was thinking of using that to just disable SELinux but I wouldn't want it to be a mandatory dependency for everyone.

Thanks!
Greg