[chef] Integrating Berkshelf with FB Grocery Delivery

  • From: William Jimenez < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Integrating Berkshelf with FB Grocery Delivery
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 16:51:44 -0800

Hi Chefs,
I've been exploring using Facebook's Grocery Delivery tool for pushing chef cookbooks from source control to a chef server in conjunction with Berkshelf for resolving dependencies. Perviously GD didn't support Berkshelf, and might have even been considered incompatible with berks, but my use case benefits from using both together.

I've been testing it without issues so far. I asked for feedback from the FB team about it, and we've been discussing it in this PR: https://github.com/facebook/grocery-delivery/pull/7/. I'm wondering if anyone can comment on some of the questions raised about Berkshelf behavior and if there would be any obvious problems using it in this way.

Thanks in advance!

-William

  • [chef] Integrating Berkshelf with FB Grocery Delivery, William Jimenez, 01/16/2015