[chef] Re: Change from Opensource Chef Server 11 to Chef Server 12 - Recreated clients can no longer update existing nodes

  • From: Tiago Cruz < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Change from Opensource Chef Server 11 to Chef Server 12 - Recreated clients can no longer update existing nodes
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 09:14:48 -0200

I same the same issue.

O do the 'knife node create' using one machine, create some tags in and after I create the machine, and we stay without permission.

For now, what I'm doing is:

echo -n "Enter the machine fqdn: "
read HOST

knife acl remove nodes $HOST update client $OLD
knife acl remove nodes $HOST read client $OLD
knife acl remove nodes $HOST create client $OLD
knife acl remove nodes $HOST delete client $OLD

knife acl add nodes $HOST update client $HOST
knife acl add nodes $HOST read client $HOST
knife acl add nodes $HOST create client $HOST
knife acl add nodes $HOST delete client $HOST

knife acl show nodes $HOST | grep $HOST