[chef] Re: Success Stories for chef-dk on Windows

  • From: Torben Knerr < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Success Stories for chef-dk on Windows
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:46:26 +0100

Hi David,

ChefDK works fairly well on Windows I would say. There are some glitches if you install it to anything other than C:/opscode/chefdk afaik

If you want to keep your system clean and have taken care of the above mentioned issue you might be interested in this:
https://github.com/tknerr/bills-kitchen

Here's an example cookbook repo which runs all kinds of tests (including test-kitchen) in a bundle environment, which works perfectly fine with the ChefDK embedded Ruby (in fact this is part of my acceptance test suite for bills kitchen ;-)):
https://github.com/tknerr/sample-toplevel-cookbook

HTH,
Torben