[chef] Re: Ohai Plugins Available when evaluating attributes.rb?

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Ohai Plugins Available when evaluating attributes.rb?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 18:19:29 -0800

yes, if its a ohai plugins it will be evaluated in the node build stage, which happens before cookbook compilation,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Douglas Garstang < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Is the data returned from custom ohai plugins going to be available when evaluating stuff in attributes.rb? I have a plugin which tells me if I am running inside an EC2 VPC. I'd like to use that in my attributes.rb with some 'when' logic to set some attributes. Yes? No?

Doug