[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Using config/credential profiles with chef-provisioning-aws

  • From: Christine Draper < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Using config/credential profiles with chef-provisioning-aws
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 11:41:13 -0600

Hi,

There are no stupid questions. I am a relative AWS API and chef-provisioning newbie, and quite willing to believe its my configuration problem!.

I have [profile profilename] in .config, but I am using .credentials for the keys where I understand the format is just [profilename] (the aws commands dont work if I use [profile profilename] in .credentials).   I have verified that I can create a vpc using --profile with aws ec2 create_vpc (and it fails when I don't use --profile, as the default credentials don't have authority).

I've also tried moving the credentials into  .config, but that doesn't help.

The most alarming behaviour is if I have no default in credentials, and put the authorized users credentials first, that's what it uses.

Regards,
Christine