[chef] Re: Re: Ohai timeouts inside VPC

  • From: Douglas Garstang < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Ohai timeouts inside VPC
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 11:28:38 -0800

Steven,

I actually wrote a new plugin. Can't use it tho. Looks like the data returned by custom plugins is not available in attributes/default.rb (data in core ohai seems to be though). Since I imagine this is the most likely place you would want to check (I'm using it to check if it's a VPC and set attributes used by an upstream cookbook), then, well, it's kinda pointless. Actually, this would make most ohai plugins pointless. :(

Doug.