[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cookbooks - Chef Supermarket - Downloads counter

  • From: AJ Christensen < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cookbooks - Chef Supermarket - Downloads counter
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 13:15:22 +1300

cheers,

--aj

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Vincenzo D'Amore < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

I actually wrote about this recently and my response to the original never posted to the list because, apparently, email is hard.

Thanks Christopher for your answer, nevertheless this counter is misleading, something should be done.
If someone doesn't know the story behind the download counter, for sure think: this cookbook should be almost perfect, if there are so many downloads.
I spent 2 days before I understood that a cookbook with about *16 million downloads* was heavily bugged.
Instead to wait that berkshelf-api servers to run more efficiently, the rules behind that download counter should change.
May be split the number of download done by a person from the number of automatic downloads (HTTP User Agents).