[chef] Re: Using `artifact` cookbook with Tomcat

  • From: Mark Pimentel < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Using `artifact` cookbook with Tomcat
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 17:32:51 -0500

You could explode the war somewhere else and symlink the current folder into the webapps/foo where tomcat expects to find things.

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Mark Nichols < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I’m using the `artifact` cookbook (https://supermarket.chef.io/cookbooks/artifact<https://supermarket.chef.io/cookbooks/artifact>) to deploy Tomcat applications. The resulting directory structure looks a bit like this:

../webapps
  /foo
    /current -> /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/releases/1.0
   /releases
     /1.0
       ….

So far I have been unable to find the right set of server.xml and foo.xml (context) settings to get Tomcat to recognize that the app isn’t under `/webapps/foo` but rather is under `/webapps/foo/current`

Is anyone else using the artifact cookbook to deploy Tomcat wars, and if so, how are you configuring your host `appbase`, context `path` and context `docbase`?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark