[chef] Attribute to be ":kind of" another resource ?

  • From: Medya < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Attribute to be ":kind of" another resource ?
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 11:46:57 -0600

Can I have an attribute that is kind of another resource ?

here is my scenario,

I have a resource called BinaryServer and let say it has attributes like (name, installation_dir, version )

I have another resource called AdminServer

in AdminServes provider I wanna access the Binary Server's attribute.

I was wondering if I could have an attribute type of BinaryServer,
so I could do this,
new_resource.binary_server.installation_dir

ideas?