[chef] Re: Down scaling instances in AWS - how to run code on instance termination?

  • From: Michael Glenney < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Down scaling instances in AWS - how to run code on instance termination?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 06:21:14 -0700

In the past I've done this with events and have a separate process that receives the events and performs verification of them and, once verified, runs cleanup steps. One of which was deleting the node and client entries from the chef server.

Here's some info on autoscaling events:

  http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AutoScaling/latest/DeveloperGuide/ASGettingNotifications.html

Mike Glenney
New Context