[chef] Re: Chef Client 12.1.0.rc.0 Released

  • From: Jay Mundrawala < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef Client 12.1.0.rc.0 Released
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 19:46:35 -0800

Hey All,
It's been brought to my attention that you can't get the 12.1.0 release candidate by using:
curl -L https://www.getchef.com/chef/install.sh | sudo bash -s -- -p

Instead, please use:
curl -L https://www.getchef.com/chef/install.sh | sudo bash -s -- -v 12.1.0.rc.0

Sorry for the confusion and have a delightful weekend!

Jay

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Jay Mundrawala < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

Happy Friday Chefs!

We've just released the first release candidate for Chef 12.1.0. A more detailed blog post will be available with the final release, however for now, some of the highlights from the release notes are included below.

  • Experimental Audit Mode
  • OpenBSD package provider has been added
  • Per RFC 027, the file and file-like resources now accept a verify attribute. This attribute accepts a string(shell command) or a ruby block (similar to only_if) which can be used to verify the contents of a rendered template before deploying it to disk.
  • Now that the default for SSL checking is on, no more warning is emitted when SSL checking is off.
  • The package provider has been extended to support multiple packages. This support is new and and not all subproviders yet support it. Full support for apt and yum has been implemented.
  • Compile time installation for chef_gem has been deprecated
  • knife bootstrap command now supports validatorless bootstraps

For more information on these changes, see the release notes. For a more complete list of changes, see the changelog.

We'd love to get your feedback on this RC. There are many ways to get it:

  • Install the latest release candidate
curl -L https://www.getchef.com/chef/install.sh | sudo bash -s -- -p
  • Specify a specific release candidate
curl -L https://www.getchef.com/chef/install.sh | sudo bash -s -- -v 12.1.0.rc.0
  • On Windows, pull down the MSI
  • Set require_chef_omnibus in your .kitchen.yml to 12.1.0.rc.0

As always, if you run into any issues, please file it on Github.

Thanks!