[chef] Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to detect user does exist?

  • From: Lamont Granquist < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to detect user does exist?
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:33:52 -0800

On 3/1/15 9:40 PM, Matthew Moretti wrote:
" type="cite">

I agree on both counts. Etc.endpwent is required; I missed that. And, I also agree that this probably isn’t the right tool for the job. I think the first solution posed is better.

As far as nsswitch goes, it looks like the Ruby library interacts with the glibc function of the same name, whose documentation does imply that it’ll look in NIS, LDAP, etc. So…maybe?

It does.  It also caches it for the lifetime of the process, so that if you update nsswitch.conf it'll still see the old values, which is a known issue.  Same issue goes for updating resolv.conf