[chef] Re: knife user create on chef 12

  • From: Michael Weinberg < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: knife user create on chef 12
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 16:47:56 -0800

Hi Michael (great name, BTW!),

As I learned this week, the knife user commands only worked against the OSS Chef user model. Enterprise/Hosted Chef, and therefore Chef 12 forked the user bits, so those commands won't work. You can use the chef-server-ctl commands on the Chef server to create users, though the behavior feels a little off currently (mostly around assigning/removing orgs and setting admin true/false).

Good luck!

--
Michael F. Weinberg | Director of Operations
http://heavywaterops.com | @heavywaterops