[chef] Re: Re: User Management

  • From: ANGELA EBIRIM < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: User Management
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 17:44:25 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks Daniel!
Sent from iCloud

On Mar 25, 2015, at 10:22 AM, Daniel DeLeo < > wrote:

On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 8:02 AM, ANGELA EBIRIM wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know how to extract the list of current users on a node?

I've been interrogating the OHAI attributes of a node (I'm sure it would be a node attribute) but can't find it.

Many thanks
Ohai fetches the data as etc/passwd, i.e., it should be under node[“etc”][“passwd”].

BTW, you can just run `ohai` on the command line to see all the data it produces. It’s quite a lot but you can scan it to find the data you’re looking for. You can also filter the command line output by passing the path to the attributes you want if you know them, e.g., `ohai etc/passwd` prints just the passwd data.

HTH,

--
Daniel DeLeo