[chef] RE: Re: Re: User Management

  • From: Kevin Keane Subscription < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Re: Re: User Management
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 11:49:39 -0700

Title: RE: [chef] Re: Re: User Management

Just out of curiosity, do you know if ohai actually scans the file, or uses the getpwent utility or API to do it?

The difference is that getpwent would also pick up users coming from Active Directory, LDAP etc., depending on you nssswitch.conf configuration.

Kevin Keane

The NetTech

http://www.4nettech.com

Our values: Privacy, Liberty, Justice