[chef] Attributes in role

  • From: Simon Hawkins < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Attributes in role
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 14:11:10 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Hi All,

I need to create servers for a number of teams and I guess the best way of doing this is to create attributes, like for example:

Team: Fred

And then pass “Fred” into a powershell script in a recipe? Is there a way of putting each server in a ‘group’ which stores the separate team names?

Cheers,

Simon

Disclaimer

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("Intended Recipient") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Accordingly any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or any of its content by any person other than the Intended Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If you are not the Intended Recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible.

Totaljobs Group Limited Registered Office: Bluefin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0TA, UK Registered in England and Wales under company no. 4269861

  • [chef] Attributes in role, Simon Hawkins, 04/17/2015