[chef] Berkshelf api server caching?

  • From: Morgan Blackthorne < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Berkshelf api server caching?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 15:19:35 -0700

How often does the API server refresh the cache? I'm a bit confused... I've had to stop the service, clear the cache, and restart the service sometimes for it to see the current version at times. And this seems to be even more pronounced when using chef-solo inside test-kitchen (probably because I have some pessimistic matching in my environments when run through chef-client).

I would have thought that this would either be a short interval for polling the chef server, or that berks upload would notify the api server to refresh the cookbooks being updated.

--
~*~ StormeRider ~*~

"Every world needs its heroes [...] They inspire us to be better than we are. And they protect from the darkness that's just around the corner."

(from Smallville Season 6x1: "Zod")

On why I hate the phrase "that's so lame"... http://bit.ly/Ps3uSS

  • [chef] Berkshelf api server caching?, Morgan Blackthorne, 04/17/2015