[chef] Re: Is it possible to run chef-solo with cookbook offline?

  • From: Andrei Radulescu < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Is it possible to run chef-solo with cookbook offline?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 12:27:07 +0300

Hi,

Yes, it is. Just run:

chef-client -z

Andrei

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 11:05 AM, jeffty < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

Hi there,

Our machines are behind firewall and there is no Internet access.

We prepare to auto deploy software in these machines with chef, installed chef client and prepared local yum repository and downloaded cookbooks for those packages installation.

But it seems that chef need a an Internet access even if the cookbook and chef package is in local.

Is it possible to run it offline? Or we should install private chef server for that?

Thanks.