[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Moving the servers from local datacenter to AWS EC2

  • From: Eric Helgeson < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Moving the servers from local datacenter to AWS EC2
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:46:43 -0500

HTH

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 4:28 PM, E Camden Fisher < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hi Nirish -

There's some good documentation for getting started with AWS
autoscaling here:
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AutoScaling/latest/DeveloperGuide/GettingStartedTutorial.html

We are using packer (http://packer.io) to build an AMI that's (almost)
ready to bootstrap on it's own, then we deploy/bootstrap using
terraform (http://terraform.io) and that has been working out pretty
well for us.  We do not currently use autoscaling groups, although I
expect we will need them sooner than later.

Cheers,
-Camden