[chef] Re: Announcing MiniMart!

  • From: Charles Johnson < >
  • To: "Durfee, Bernie (GE Global Research)" < >,
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Announcing MiniMart!
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 17:25:24 -0700

Very cool work, guys!

On April 29, 2015 at 2:47:39 PM, Durfee, Bernie (GE Global Research) ( "> ) wrote:

Hi Everyone!

I’m pleased to announce that we’ve recently open-sourced a cookbook repository tool called MiniMart. The goal of this project is to provide a Berkshelf compatible repository that can be hosted as a set of static files. We’re using MiniMart to host our internal cookbooks, as well as mirrored cookbooks, in an S3 bucket. Very simple, fast and reliable.

MiniMart is styled after Yum, in that you run it against a batch of cookbooks and it generates a Berkshelf compatible index as well as a searchable HTML index. It also handles mirroring with dependency resolution so you can keep all of your cookbooks in one place.

Read more here: http://electric-it.github.io/minimart/

Please feel free to fork, fix and enhance at will. Enjoy!

Bernie Durfee