[chef] Re: Error running Java Recipe: undefined method `split' for nil:NilClass

  • From: Christopher Hahn < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Error running Java Recipe: undefined method `split' for nil:NilClass
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 10:53:00 -0700

Thank you very much for taking the time…

Yeah…I resisted adding to my post that I am restricted in what I can edit…my berkshelf is
loaded very run and my edits are over-written when I run again.

The line that is crashing is here:

def parse_app_dir_name url
  file_name = url.split('/')[-1]  <-----

I am going to get access to the repo in which we are storing this provider code
so that I can add some prints to the failing call.

I was just hoping that someone might have recognized the situation….I expect that it might stem from
a version mismatch.

I will post more info as I get at it.

Christopher