[chef] Windows 7 Embedded Automation with Chef

  • From: Torben Knerr < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Windows 7 Embedded Automation with Chef
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 07:14:19 +0200

Hi everybody,

I might be doing some Windows 7 Embedded automation with Chef.

It's quite different from the workflow I'm currently used to (setting up Linux servers) with specialties like physical access instead of network access, no place to install chef, etc...

We are currently thinking of providing chef along with all the installers on an USB drive, and run chef zero from there.

Anyone done something similar before and wants to share some thoughts?

Cheers,
Torben