[chef] multiple oracle JDK versions (7&8) using the community JAVA cookbook

  • From: niristotle okram < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] multiple oracle JDK versions (7&8) using the community JAVA cookbook
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 12:42:43 -0700

hi,

I use the chef community cookbook to install JDK7 on my jenkins servers. I define the below default attributes on my cookbook to install the oracle jdk7

default['java']['install_flavor'] = 'oracle'
default['java']['jdk_version'] = '7'
default['java']['oracle']['accept_oracle_download_terms'] = true

I am looking for some instructions on how to install both jdk7 and jdk8 on the build servers now. I came through this section for the same issue but didn't give a clear instruction on how to do.

how can i set the JDK7 as the default, so that all my jenkins job use JDK7 unless i specify in the job itself to use jdk8?

--
Regards
nirish okram