[chef] Re: Re: kitchen-ec2 0.9.0 / iam_profile_name Something missing?

  • From: Yoshi Spendiff < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: kitchen-ec2 0.9.0 / iam_profile_name Something missing?
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 15:38:33 -0700

I'm getting the same with a with an iam role/instance profile with the same name. Both of the following commands return correct values

aws iam get-role --role-name webServer
aws iam get-instance-profile --instance-profile-name webServer

In my .kitchen.yml I have:

driver:
  iam_profile_name: webServer

The iam role was created via the AWS console so the name definitely matches with the instance profile.

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Noah Kantrowitz < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Instance profiles are not the same as IAM roles. While normally there is a one-to-one mapping, I don't see any code in kitchen to automatically create instance profiles for you the way that some other tools do. Create the insp yourself and it should work.

--Noah

--
Yoshi Spendiff
Ops Engineer