[chef] Upcoming change to chef-server cookbook

  • From: Joshua Timberman < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Upcoming change to chef-server cookbook
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 15:12:02 -0600

Hello!

As I said in yesterday's post introducing the chef-ingredient cookbook, we're going to refactor it to use the new ingredient_config resource for managing /etc/opscode/chef-server.rb. That work is reflected in this pull request:

The change to the `configuration` attribute - making it a string instead of a hash - will mean this is a breaking change, and will require a major version bump of the cookbook. The current version is `3.1.1`, therefore the next release of this cookbook incorporating this change will be `4.0.0`. If you're using this cookbook, AND using the `configuration` attribute especially, pin your version, or be ready to modify your attribute use.

We plan to release the new version of the cookbook sometime next week.

Cheers,
Joshua