[chef] Re: Re: Re: chefspec and chef-sugar

  • From: Jeff Byrnes < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: chefspec and chef-sugar
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 10:05:32 -0400

I should point out that, as of Chef 12, the `encrypted_data_bag_item` method in Chef Sugar is less useful, as the `data_bag_item` method that is built-in to Chef can now determine if a data bag item is encrypted or not, and act appropriately.

This means, for testing a cookbook, you can use plaintext versions of the data bag item(s) (i.e., in `test/integration/data_bags`), while keeping your real ones as encrypted items in your Chef Server.

--
Jeff Byrnes
@thejeffbyrnes