[chef] LDAP user not available after SSSD setup on RHEL

  • From: Alan Thatcher < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] LDAP user not available after SSSD setup on RHEL
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:18:41 +0000

I am having an issue with my Chef run logic.  As part of the initial build of a system, I install and configure sssd to authenticate to LDAP.  That step works.  Later in the run I start to deploy files with the template LWRP, and some of the owners are LDAP users.  This is where the Chef run fails.

I can confirm, by logging into the server directly after the first chef run fails, that LDAP authentication is working correctly, and I can see the user in question.  If I immediately run chef-client at that point, it finishes correctly.

Is there some reason that I need to restart the chef run after the initial setup of sssd, or am I missing a step?