[chef] Re: Poise-python and poise-ruby released

  • From: Yoshi Spendiff < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Poise-python and poise-ruby released
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:21:45 -0700

Thoroughly useful.

Thank you.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Noah Kantrowitz < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I've pushed poise-python, poise-ruby, and poise-ruby-build to both Rubygems and Supermarket. These cookbooks manage installing Ruby/Python runtimes from a variety of sources, installing packages/gems, and other language-specific tasks. You can find docs at https://github.com/poise/poise-python and https://github.com/poise/poise-ruby.

As previously mentioned, the python cookbook is now deprecated in favor of poise-python. You can find a migration guide at https://github.com/poise/poise-python#upgrading-from-the-python-cookbook.

As a quick taste of the overall style, to install Ruby 2.x and run a `bundle install`:

    ruby_runtime '2'
    bundle_install '/opt/myapp/Gemfile' do
      without 'development'
      deployment true
    end

If anyone has questions on the new cookbooks and how they work, please don't hesitate to contact me.

--Noah

--
Yoshi Spendiff
Ops Engineer