[chef] Chef 12.4.1 systemd provider helper broken

  • From: AJ Christensen < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Chef 12.4.1 systemd provider helper broken
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 07:39:51 +0000

Hi there,

Looks as though the systemd provider/helper is broken - an internal method used to determine of the unit file is available returns false during the platform supports lookup; the false return is not handled.

It would seem this is never likely to succeed on my infrastructure, with many thousands of systemd units, we have to be super careful to not iterate through them; dbus hangs, etc.

thoughts?

cheers,

--aj

  • [chef] Chef 12.4.1 systemd provider helper broken, AJ Christensen, 08/28/2015