[chef] SNS Handler Cookbook

  • From: Doug Garstang < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] SNS Handler Cookbook
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 09:37:19 -0700

I've tried a number of times to get chef handlers to work. Failed each time. Thought I'd give it another shot.

You can load the handler in the client.rb file so that it catches errors during the convergence phase. However, after installing the stated dependancies manually, and adding the necessary bits to the client.rb file, nothing seems to happen after a chef-client run. I can't see anything indicating anything happens in the client.log file.

The document says:

"We recommend using the chef_handler_sns cookbook for easy installation."

Well, if I use a cookbook to install it, how's it going to catch any errors during the convergence phase on the initial chef-client run? Will using the cookbook allow it to catch errors during the convergence phase os subsequent chef-client runs?

Doug.