[chef] Re: Re: Call a recipe from same cookbook

  • From: Yoshi Spendiff < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Call a recipe from same cookbook
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 10:48:37 -0700

Foodcritic will give you a warning if you use definitions though, just as an FYI

On 28 September 2015 at 00:37, Tensibai < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

Le 2015-09-27 17:33, Julian Varanini a écrit :

Hi All,

This may be a very basic concept but I am not able to find the syntax to make it work.  For Example, Is it possible to create a resource in recipe email.rb named emailme that can take a parameter that I can then feed into the recipe to email me a specific message from another recipe using notifies and only_if etc.  So what I am trying to do is reuse code instead of writing an emailme resource in every recipe.

Thanks

Julian V

Look at definition instead of recipe, you can define there a resource which takes parameter and it's code will be evaluated with the correct parameters. Usually the definitions are used to call a group of resources with some parameters.