[chef] Re: knife search cookbook/recipe

  • From: Thom May < >
  • To: , Greg Damiani < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: knife search cookbook/recipe
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 19:15:39 +0100

Hey, this was probably related to https://github.com/chef/chef/pull/4003, which will be fixed in 12.5, coming soon.

The TLDR is that we tried to clean up the saved list of recipes to be expanded, ie foo::default in the 12.2 client - however a lot of people, like you, wrote their searches to just look for foo. So now we’ll save both the unexpanded and the expanded version, and then probably in 13 we’ll move forward to just saving the expanded version again.

Hope this helps, -Thom

– Thom May