- From: Bryan McLellan <email@example.com>
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [opscode-announce] Chef 11 Released!
- Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 16:22:01 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
We're really excited to have released Chef 11!
This release includes a new Erlang based server which operates at great
scale. Cycle Computing recently ran over 10,000 nodes against one Chef 11
The client will continue to be Ruby, and has many improvements itself,
* many windows improvements
* partial templates
* chef-apply, a tool to run a single cookbook against a system
* run list based cookbook file evaluation order
* substantial improvements on node attributes and precedence handling
You can read the release notes here: http://bit.ly/WM2EW2
You can download both the client and the server at
We also announced Facebook's use of Chef today. They will be speaking at
ChefConf, if you're interested in operating infrastructure at huge scale,
it's a talk you don't want to miss.
Bryan McLellan | opscode | technical program manager, open source
(c) 206.607.7108 | (t) @btmspox | (b) http://blog.loftninjas.org
- [opscode-announce] Chef 11 Released!, Bryan McLellan, 02/04/2013
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.