[[chef-dev]] I have a question about adding improvements.

  • From: Дмитрий Ткаченко < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [[chef-dev]] I have a question about adding improvements.
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:27:00 +0300

Hi All.

For my work, I added a couple of knife  improvements.

1. Set normal attribute to node witout editor.

knife node normal set test-node "environmentid":"test-env4"

Now you can install only are not nested attributes,in the future will expand.

2. Racksopace images list

knife rackspace image list

or

knife rackspace image list -f

3. Save server instance image on rackspace

knife rackspace image create -s <server_id> -i <image_name>

or

knife rackspace image create -N <server_name>-i <image_name>

For some time, plan to realize the full potential of the fog gem to work with rackspace and add some improvements for knife.
Who do I talk about the review of my code and add this functionality into future versions of chef?