[[chef-dev]] Lightweight Search

  • From: Justin Alan Ryan < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [[chef-dev]] Lightweight Search
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:40:31 -0700

Hello,

At a recent SV Chef meetup we discussed a problem we have at Wikia related to the memory requirements of our chef-client runs.

Many folks shared similar concerns and some folks from Opscode expressed that they are aware of the problem and that a solution may involve search calls specifying which attributes they need on returned nodes.

I haven't heard of any movement on this, and we're considering writing a patch which implements an optional paramater for search and returns abbreviated JSON.

I talked to a couple of folks who suggested dropping a note here to see if we're potentially duplicating effort and/or if there is any such effort we can contribute to.

I'll update as we make progress, thanks in advance for any input!

Justin

--
http://about.me/justizin