[chef-dev] Re: [] Lightweight Search

  • From: Justin Alan Ryan < >
  • To: Adam Jacob < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: [] Lightweight Search
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 20:31:15 -0700

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Adam Jacob < "> > wrote:
Also, I've been playing around a bit with getting the size of the node objects saved to be smaller. The current leading contender is to whitelist the node attributes you actually want saved at the end of the run - this way all the attributes from Ohai + Cookbooks are available during the run, but only the ones you actually care about for search are saved. A working prototype is here:

https://github.com/opscode/whitelist-node-attrs

This should help in the near term - slim down the size of the objects to the parts you care about, and the aggregate size of the results will shrink as well. We should still fix the core issue of only returning full objects on search, but this should help in the interim.