[chef-dev] hoorah for knife-hp but wtf is hpfog???

  • From: Alan Milligan < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef-dev] hoorah for knife-hp but wtf is hpfog???
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 13:47:48 +1000

Big kudos to Matt Ray for the knife hpcloud plugin - it works a treat (although perhaps should not allow you to create instances with no ssh key...)

But I'm curious about this hpfog rubygem, which is clearly a fork of fog. It's current version is 0.0.14,whereas fog is at 1.1.x.

There is a write-up here talking about their intention to (eventually) upsteam this:

https://build.hpcloud.com/bindings/fog

However, installing hpfog masks fog, and while my knife/fog services all still appear to work, I'm interested to know if anyone's aware/tracking divergences.

Alan