[chef-dev] Re: Re: forcing parameter to resource to be elevated at execute phase

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To: AJ Christensen < >
  • Cc: Chao < >, Chef Dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Re: forcing parameter to resource to be elevated at execute phase
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:38:08 -0800

On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 3:52 PM, AJ Christensen wrote:

We were thinking about hacking this up today, supporting converge-time evaluation of any parameter by wrapping it in a proc or something.. Seems legit.

Thoughts?

AJ
We discussed this at Wednesday's code review. The only major concern with this approach is that validation of resource parameters should also apply to lazily evaluated arguments. We think this can be accomplished by hacking set_or_return. We left some comments about the various approaches we discussed on this ticket:

http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-1814

Cheers,

--
Daniel DeLeo