- From: Daniel DeLeo <
- To: chef <
>, Chef Dev <
- Subject: [chef-dev] Chef Client 11.4.2 and 10.24.2 Patch Releases
- Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:14:29 -0700
I've just shipped a patch release of Chef 11, and a corresponding release for Chef 10 will be available shortly. These releases contain small, targeted fixes for bugs that are pretty severe for affected users. I'll post the usual release notes on the Opscode blog tomorrow.
## 11.4.2 Changes
* CHEF-3432: memory leak related to "stale" LWRP classes not getting garbage collected. This bug was introduced in 11.4.0 with the fix for the json Gem disabling json_class support by default.
* CHEF-3367: Running chef-client with `--fork` would remove the pidfile. When running chef-client as a daemon with a standard SysV style init system and managing chef-client with the chef-client cookbook, each chef-client run would create an additional chef-client process.
## 10.24.2 Changes
* CHEF-3432 (as above)
* The patch for CHEF-3367 has already been released in Chef 10.20.0.
11.4.2 Omnibus and rubygem packages are available now. The rubygem package has the following checksums:
Omnibus package checksums are available though the Omnitruck metadata API. We'll add these to the website soon, but for now, you can hit a URL like this:
And get data like this (JSON also available if you set the correct Accept header):
10.24.2 omnibus and rubygem packages will be be available soon. Apt packages will be delayed a little bit.
## Upcoming Releases
As Bryan mentioned in an earlier email, we're planning to ship a RC for a 10.26 patch release in the next week or so. We're also just waiting on some finishing touches for a big refactor of the file providers to cut a beta of Chef 11.6. I know many of you have patches in master and are eagerly awaiting this release (I am,too--you guys fixed some of my pet bugs!). Due to the size of the changes, we want to have a proper beta and RC testing period before shipping them, so thanks for your patience.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.
- [chef-dev] Chef Client 11.4.2 and 10.24.2 Patch Releases, Daniel DeLeo, 04/22/2013
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.